The Christmas Budget - The Little Things

Filed under , , by Alison on 7:26 PM

3

I did some number crunching last night to find out how much we could spend on Christmas. When I showed the number to The Tall One, he was disappointed that it wasn't enough to buy him an iPod Touch. Darn. On top of that number, I have a few gift cards from doing online surveys that I've been saving for buying Christmas gifts (and no, still not enough for the iPod Touch).

I'm trying with all my might not to go even kind of overboard with gifts for the boys. Bug really doesn't have a huge case of the gimmies yet (more on that in a future post) and I want to take advantage of that. And well, I could give Monkey a piece of wrapping paper and he'd be happy. Besides they have other people buying gifts for them.

I really want to capitalize on the little things that will make my kids happy, actually I'd like to do that for everyone on my list, but it's easy for my boys because I'm around them all the time. For example, I plan on putting some glue sticks in Bug's stocking. He loves gluing things and will be thrilled. My dad will probably be getting some contact lens solution. Fun? No, but my dad's the type of person that will buy what he wants, so I've decided that the best gifts for him are the things he needs. I will probably also throw in some nuts that I know he likes to have on hand at work.

Because you see, the little things don't cost much, but here's hoping that receiving them can be just as good as getting an iPod Touch.