About Me

Filed under , by Alison on 8:07 PM

2

My name is Alison and I'm a stay at home mom to two little boys, on this blog I'll call them Bug and Monkey. Bug is three years old and Monkey was just born this past June. I've been married for six years to a wonderful man that I'll refer to as The Tall One. We're both in our late 20s.

One day I'd like to have lots of money. We were doing quite well with that, we both had college degrees and full time jobs (and even a baby on the way), but then The Tall One decide he wanted to go back to school...full time...for two years. That put a bit of a strain on the whole having lots of money thing and we're still working to pull ourselves out of it. It was ultimately a good thing. A wise man once told me never to be afraid to get married while I was still a struggling college student, because those struggles would teach me so much and bring my husband closer together. He was right.

I enjoy learning about personal finance and ways to make my money work harder for me. I love finding good deals on things I need (need being the key word, I try my hardest to ignore good deals on things I don't need). I love saving money by making things myself. I like finding things to do with my kids that won't break the bank. And I'll blog about it all

Learn more about my financial story here