The Search For a Great Deal

Filed under , by Alison on 3:40 PM

1

This morning we woke up to rain and temps in the low 40s. Time to bite the bullet and buy a coat for Bug. The windbreaker just won't cut it anymore. I got him one at K-Mart, where all their jackets were 50% off. We bought his last one there and it held up for two winters and is all ready for Monkey to use next winter. I paid a good price for it, but I still feel like there was a better deal out there to be had. I always feel like that.

I checked the consignment store I like and didn't find a coat there, and I checked a few ads to see if coats were on sale and didn't find any, but I still feel like out there somewhere is a most wonderful coat for a fraction of the price I paid. And maybe it would have been at the next store I would have looked at. But is it worth it to find it? My time is worth something, as is my sanity (carting around two small boys in the rain was not the easiest task), so it seems a good idea to just find one and stop. Yet I still drive myself crazy wondering where that great deal is.