It's Not Pretty ... But It Works

Filed under , by Alison on 10:28 PM

3

Oh, how it works.

Two weekends ago, Bug went to bed ridiculously late. The Tall One and I thought our only chance at getting him to sleep in a bit in the morning was thumb tacking a blanket in front of his window in order to keep more of the sunlight out in the morning. 


This blanket kept much more light out than the curtains I bought (and returned because I didn't think they worked well enough) that were designed for that purpose.  His room stayed darker in the morning, which meant he slept a little longer.  I wanted to keep it up, but what could I do when I wanted to open the window and let some cool air in? The blanket would be in the way. My first thought was to turn the blanket into a curtain, but then that would require an additional curtain rod, or a double rod, and I didn't want to buy one.

I ended up just using a strip of sticky back velcro near the top of the blanket.  When I want to move the blanket out of the way, I just pull the bottom corner up and attach it to the velcro. Oh, how I love velcro.