A Change of Perspective

Filed under , , by Alison on 7:35 AM

4

This past weekend The Tall One and I began our search for bunk beds for our boys. The last time we looked at furniture was almost a year and a half ago when we were looking at dining room tables. I remember some huge sticker shock when we were looking at tables. During this visit to the furniture store, however, I kept thinking to myself "hey, that's not such a bad price for that!". These are prices that seemed so high to me just 18 months ago. I'm not quite sure what changed.

I mentioned this to TTO and he said that that's what tends to happen as your income increases. Our income hasn't increased very much in that time, but I do see where he's coming from. Does this mean I think that people with less money value it more? Not at all, but rather perhaps the more money you have, the easier it is to spend larger amounts. In the past, we've defaulted to inexpensive furniture, which usually tends to be of low quality and not last too long. We want a set of bunkbeds that will. If anything positive comes from this change of perspective, it will be that we purchase higher quality bunkbeds because the higher prices won't scare us as much.