A Purchase Regret of A Different Kind

Filed under , by Alison on 10:27 PM

5

Photobucket

Picacho Peak, Arizona
photo by kevindooley via flickr.com

On Saturday, I took my state's teacher certification exams. The writing portion of my morning test required me to write an essay about a decision that I regret. If you're a long time reader of this blog (or know me at all), you'll have no trouble guessing what I wrote about. Though the prompt did not specifically mention financial mistakes, mine does fall into that area. And when it comes to financial failures, it (thankfully) is really the only big one that I can think of.

Then there's another category of financial errors - those purchases that I wished I would have made. Four or five years ago I ran across a shirt that I kinda sorta wanted. It was a shirt that featured a mountain situated in between Phoenix and Tucson, a mountain that I drove past many times as I made my way from my home in Tucson to my parents' home in Phoenix. Actually, it's this shirt right here (and if it were my size, I'd be bidding, I may bid anyway). I thought it would be a fun memento of all those trips. I ended up not buying it and oddly enough, it's something I really regret.

I'm sure there are plenty of things that I wished I would have bought, but none of them has stuck with me like this one has.

What have you NOT purchased, but later really wished you did?