Trying to Buy His Love

Filed under , by Alison on 10:54 PM

0

Wednesday was a less than stellar day. I planned on a quick well baby check up for the baby and then off to Monkey's tumbling class. Only that isn't how it happened. The appointment took too long and we weren't able to make it to tumbling.

I knew Monkey would be sad, so my mind was racing with things I could do to make it up to him. I asked him what fun thing we should do since we couldn't go to tumbling. He said he just wanted to go home and eat lunch (it had been a long morning - he probably was hungry!). Still, I kept thinking of things we could do - maybe stop somewhere for lunch, or at least stop for ice cream on the way home.

Here I was thinking of many things we could that would involve money when he was just content with going home. Why did I feel the need to buy his forgiveness? I was clearly more upset about the situation than he was and for some reason I was trying to use money to fix it. Such a silly thing when there are so many activities that he loves to do that don't cost a thing.

I'm glad I snapped out of it and just went home to make him a cheese sandwich.