Spend Now, Worry Later?

Filed under , by Alison on 9:13 PM

2

Yes, I admit it, I watch Wife Swap and *gasp* I usually enjoy it. I know it's far from quality, but I'm fairly certain there's worse TV out there.

Tonight's episode had a family who didn't manage money well (at least that was the message the producers wanted us to get). The family was eating dinner out and Mr. Voice Over Man said that at the time they had no income. The husband said something along the lines of - if we should save for eating out, why not just eat out now and worry about the money later? Eeek.

I wish I felt that way!  I could have more clothes, more furniture, and travel more.   It would be fun!  Those are all things I'm saving for after all, why not just have them now?  It seems like others around me now have them.

But, I don't want the worry that would come along with that kind of spending because for us right now, undoubtedly some would.  

Some of our money buys things and the rest buys peace of mind and I like that.