Under 10 Recipes: Meatloaf with Potatoes and Green Beans

Filed under , by Alison on 8:56 PM

0

Every weekend, I post a tried and true recipe (for my family at least) that has ten or less ingredients. Follow this link for more under 10 recipes

I never said these recipes had to be healthy. Here's a good one from my friend Sheri (she designed my blog header!)


Meatloaf with Potatoes and Green Beans

1 lb ground beef
1 egg
Seasoned bread crumbs - enough so that it feels stiff, but not too dry*
Fresh or frozen green beans
Potatoes, diced
1 stick of butter or margarine**

Melt butter in electric skillet (to 350), or in a large skillet on the stovetop. Use beef, egg, and bread crumbs to form meatloaf. Put the meatloaf in the middle and surround it with the green beans and potatoes. Cook for about an hour, turning the meatloaf about half way through. Stir (for lack of a better word) the beans and potatoes occasionally.


*I usually just use some saltines or ritz crackers and sprinkle in some italian seasoning
**I use about 3/4 stick, though if my skillet were larger, I'd use the entire stick


If you try it, I'd love to hear how your family liked it!