July Wrap-Up

Filed under , by Alison on 10:03 PM

2

July was pleasantly surprising.  I really thought we'd come up in the red for a couple of reasons.  Summer is slow for my part-time gig, so I brought in less than half of what I normally do.  We paid for a hotel room and rental car for our family reunion trip.  We all had doctor visits (well I didn't, but The Tall One went twice to make up for me).  Bug turned four and we bought him a bike, which cost more than we would normally pay for a birthday gift.  But after all the receipts were total, we had a little bit left over.

What would we have done if things didn't end up that way?  We have three ING subaccounts set aside for such things.  One is for earmarked for gifts, another is for miscellaneous expenses such as travel, and the third is for auto related expenses.  I would have just pulled money from the miscellaneous account most likely.  Instead, looks like we have a bit to add to those accounts!