A Little Bit About Me and My Money

Filed under , , by Alison on 4:50 PM

2

Recently, this blog entered its second month in existance. I'm really excited about the success I've had thus far. I love writing for an audience and I hope my audience continues to grow.

I've been reading many blog posts about financial goals for the new year. I haven't joined in yet, but as this year comes to a close and The Tall One and I get a chance to sit down and talk about it more, I'm sure I'll share a bit here. Telling random people about things I intend to do does marvelous things when it comes to me actually following through.

So some background on me and money.

TTO and I are in our late 20s and have been married for 6 years. We bought our first house a year ago, and do have mortgage debt but would love nothing more than getting rid of it as soon as we can. Currently, we also have TTOs student loan, which has a balance of a little over $7,000. This past year, we paid of my student loan and our car loan (paid off seven months or so after we bought the car). We use credit cards for nearly everything, but pay it off in full every month and always have. We bought our house with 0% down, so we have the dreaded PMI to pay and we go back and forth on whether or not we should aggressively go after getting rid of the student loan or getting rid of the PMI. Right now there is not a whole lot of extra money to go towards extra loan payments while we anxiously await a raise for TTO.

So that's us. Really, I'm very pleased with where we're at overall, we're still young and I know it could be a lot worse.