Fun Fall Frugal Crafts

Filed under , by Alison on 2:03 PM

0

I prefer sitting down with Bug and doing a craft as opposed to playing cars and trucks. It's just more fun for me. Here's two things we've recently done.





Buggy is pretty darn obsessed with all the leaves that have fallen from the trees. We went on a walk to collect some and then made a leaf picture. I used clear contact paper and cut a big rectangle and then folded back only half of the backing. He put the leaves on the sticky side and when he was done, I took off the rest of the backing and folded it on top of his leaves. Using the contact paper allows it to have some dimension to it, yet the leaves stay in place. No pretty fall leaves were broken to create this craft.




The second is Fall wreath of sorts. I saw a wreath made of handprints in a neighbor's window and decided on this much simpler version. I'm a paper scrapbooker and keep my paper scraps, so I went through them and pulled out all the reds and browns I had. I cut a circle out of a cardboard box we had in the garage and we took turns cutting and ripping and gluing shapes. He then added stickers (all the letters for Thanksgiving - and then some - are there, he just chose to write some in).



Another great thing about these? I've hung them up and they serve as some pretty neat November decorations, too!