My Three Year Old Thwarts Me

Filed under , by Alison on 8:29 PM

2

I try to save money and make all the dollars I spend really count, but Buggy thwarts me often.

He's a independent little guy, like most three year olds I imagine. He likes to pour his own juice. He does a fine job when there's not a whole lot in the pitcher and frankly, that's when I wouldn't mind a spill. It's when he tries to pour his own juice from a very full pitcher that it normally ends up the floor and instead of spilt juice I see spilt quarters and dimes. But he's only trying to help. And that's what got us into today's predicament. He wanted to help with the laundry, so I showed him to put the colored clothes into the washing machine and went downstairs to vacuum. He took it a step further and added the detergent. A whole lot of detergent. And now, despite the fact that I just bought some, I need more. Those massively huge, hard to handle laundry detergent containers are starting to look really nice as opposed to the conveniently sized ALL Small and Mighty that I love so much.

He's only three, I know it will get worse. But at least when he's a teenager I can take from his allowance.