The Screaming Child Tax

Filed under , by Alison on 9:30 PM

4

The boys and I went to Target today. It was a different one than we were at last week and this one had many more clearance sweatpants and sweatshirts for little boys than the other one did. I gave Bug the choice between pants or a shirt. I was pulling for the pants, I knew for a fact they were $1.98 - I checked the tag. Monkey was screaming. Bug picks the shirt. I quickly throw it in the cart. Monkey still screaming. I go and pay. Monkey still screaming. I check the receipt and notice that the shirt was not $1.98, but $2.79. Hmmm... the sweatshirt I bought last week was 50% off, this one appears to only be marked down 30%. Monkey still screaming. I have thoughts of going back to look at the other sweatshirts, or asking at customer service. But (have I mentioned yet?) Monkey was screaming. We'll just chalk it up to the screaming baby tax.