It's All About Balance

Filed under , by Alison on 9:03 PM

1

The Tall One and I are both spenders, yet as a team we seem to be able to save quite well. We balance each other out (or we thwart each other depending on how you look at it). When he's in a spending mood, I say no and that's that. Or I send him to the store to buy tortilla chips. Don't worry, it works the other way too. And sometimes, well, it doesn't work. We have a house and a brand new computer to prove it.

It works for us.  It keeps money in the bank, but keeps us from living in a cardboard box with a computer that's as old as we are.  

Find your balance with your significant other, figure out how you can mesh with each other when it comes to money.  Recognize your weaknesses and your partner's.  For example, I don't go to the grocery store with TTO if I can avoid it.  He always seems to find random things that he wants and can often convince me that we need them.  When I'm alone, I might see something not on the list that would be great to get, but I can easily tell myself no.  But if he's there to tell me yes, I cave.  

It's all about balance.