Inexpensive Artwork to Hang on Your Walls

Filed under , by Alison on 9:16 PM

4

My post last week about my craft roomreminded me that I hadn't posted any craft ideas lately. Bug and I haven't done anything interesting lately, so I thought I'd share and old one.  

I like to watch Trading Spaces and other shows like it and have seen them create their own artwork to display.  I can do that!  Or rather, my son can.  I picked up a 2 pack of canvases at Michael's for about $6 (I used a 40% off coupon) and the paints I already had. 



I chose the colors that I wanted him to use (and I painted the background on one of them, just so they wouldn't both be white) and let him go.  So he got to paint (a rare thing in this house) and I got some very unique and inexpensive artwork to display.  

I plan on getting some more canvases and doing them myself.  I'm no artist, but I can do stripes or geometric shapes.  And it always seems to look pretty cool on those decorating shows.