My Craft Room

Filed under , by Alison on 5:16 PM

8

The brain behind Remodeling This Life requested a picture of my craft and sewing room for inspiration.  She thought, and I agreed, that it'd make a good blog post, so here goes.



My craft room is really just a portion of the guest room.  I got the pieces for the desk at Target (each cube, as well as the desktop is sold separately).  It's not the cheapest desk option, but certainly not the most expensive either.  I could have stuck with my card table, but I love how not deep this set is (14.5").  The room is very narrow, so when guests stay over, my table isn't taking much of their space.  The fact that you can customize it to fit your storage needs is another reason I chose it.

The shelves came from Lowe's.  They are just basic storage shelves.  I wanted something cutesy, but cutesy tends to be expensive and often not so sturdy.  These serve their purpose well.


This rail and all the hooks on it came from IKEA.  We've had a rail like this in our kitchen, but I got the idea from Creating Keepsakes magazine to use it for scrapbooking supplies.  I've since seen rail sets like this designed specifically for scrapbooking, but they cost at least twice what I paid for mine.  

I'm on the lookout for some inexpensive way to store my ribbon on the wall.  I know there are things designed for that, but I haven't seen one cheap enough for me yet.  I've thought of using a paper towel holder, but haven't found a style that would work (admittedly, I haven't looked too hard).  Any ideas?