Under 10 Recipe: Taco Soup

Filed under , by Alison on 4:31 PM

2

Every weekend, I post a tried and true recipe (for my family at least) that has ten or less ingredients. Follow this link for more under 10 recipes


Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1-16 oz can of kidney or pinto beans
1-28 oz can stewed tomatoes
1-16 oz can corn
1 pkg dry taco seasoning mix

Brown ground beef with onion. Drain.  Place in large cooking pot and add remaining ingredients.  Stir well.  Let soup simmer for about 30 minutes or low in crock pot for several hours.  Crush tortilla chips in bottom of individual bowls; add soup and top with grated cheese.  Garnish with sour cream if desired.

An alternative to the taco seasoning mix is to add chili powder and salsa to taste.  I buy a big thing of taco seasoning at Costco because I like the flexibility it offers over the little packets.  I can add as much or as little as I want when I make tacos or this soup.