Under 10 Recipe: Cheese Enchiladas

Filed under , by Alison on 7:45 PM

4

Every weekend, I post a tried and true recipe (for my family at least) that has ten or less ingredients. Follow this link for more under 10 recipes



This is really a simple recipe, but I thought I'd share how we do. I never measure out cheese, so I really have no idea how much you'll need, probably approximately 1/2 pound.

Cheese Enchiladas

12 corn tortillas
1 small can (10 oz) of red enchilada sauce
1 small can (8 oz) tomato sauce
shredded cheddar cheese

Microwave the tortillas for about one minute, or until they are all soft enough that you can roll them up. Fill a bowl (that's large enough to fit a tortilla in) with both sauces. Put one tortilla in the bowl and cover with sauce. Put in a 8x10 pan, place a small handful of cheese in the center and roll up. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Pour any remaining sauce over rolled enchiladas. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Our current favorite side dish is rice with mixed veggies. I put some frozen mixed veggies in with the rice while it's cooking and then, when the rice is done, add some fajita seasoning to taste.