Friday Link Love: The Better Budget Edition

Filed under , by Alison on 8:44 PM

2

First off, I wanted to acknowledge Kacie's weekly challenge in her Better Budget Series. This week's challenge was all about reducing fixed expenses. Our car insurance expires in a few weeks, so this week I've been getting quotes from other companies and now we're playing phone tag with our agent. We'll definitely be getting cheaper insurance, but we have yet to figure out if our own company will beat what we've found elsewhere.

This week, my recipe for Taco Soup was a part of the Make it From Scratch Carnival (hosted this week at To Motherhood And Beyond) as were these cool entries:
And from elsewhere in the blogosphere:
  • Suburban Wife's Daily Dollar Diary tells a bit about how she teaches her children about saving but mainly how her daughter has benefited. It's a pretty unique method so be sure to check it out. You'll probably want to click on the links within her post that go to earlier posts on the topic.
  • If you aren't familiar with the concept of "snowflaking" (and even if you are) this post from I've Paid for This Twice Already is a must-read.
  • Melissa has a interesting post on the proposed economic stimulus package over at A Penny Closer. I think we'd save ours, but having that extra money would probably make us more likely to say, go out to dinner. So would that count as spending it?
Also, I've recently signed on as an affiliate for MySurvey. If you'd like to join, click the banner on the right side of my page. I've been with them for several years now and they are one of my favorite survey companies. The surveys are quick and interesting and, I feel, worth my time. You earn points for each survey you take and those points can be traded in for cash or other rewards. There are also opportunities to test products. They email you when a survey is available and don't spam you. If you have any questions, please email me!

Have a wonderful weekend!