How Not To Clean A Cell Phone

Filed under , by Alison on 8:09 PM

4

Last week our cell phone ended up in Bug's pocket. And then made its way via the pocket to the washing machine. And there it died a wet and bumpy death. Because we are on my parent's family plan (and I know absolutely nothing about cell phones besides how to use one and that you shouldn't put one in a washing machine) I called up my mom to see what we needed to do to replace it . She gave me what information I'd need to know so I could get the new phone activated into their account, but later called back with some great news. My sister-in-law recently got a new phone and would be happy to let us have her old one for the time being. Hooray!

Could we afford a new phone? Sure, but I had no desire to spend the money, so I'm more than happy to take the hand-me-down. It's not the latest and greatest, but I don't need my phone to sing me lullabies or recite the Declaration of Independence. Later this year we'll hit our two year anniversary on the plan at which point (by agreeing to extend our contract for a few years) we can pretty much get a new phone for free.

Oh, and some other happy cell phone news. In an effort to save money each month, I opted to not add on a texting plan. Recently, my mom called the cell phone company to change something and the person helping her noticed one of her phones had no text plan. She said that was correct. He then said he could probably add on 100 free texts per month to our line, which he did. Sweetness!