A Grocery Report and More

Filed under , by Alison on 7:17 AM

0

For some time now I've had a goal, and that goal was to make it home from the grocery store without smashing my loaf of bread. Normally I can get out of the store safely (unless I'm not paying attention and put something on top of it, or Bug gets a hold of it), it's in the car when I have trouble, like the time I thought I'd be all smart and put it away from the other groceries and had it behind the driver's seat - the driver's seat that automatically slides back when the driver's door opens. When I do manage to get it home in good shape, it never fails that Bug decides he needs to be the one to put the bread away and well, yeah, so much for my not smashed loaf. This past week though, I'm happy to report that the loaf stayed completely unsmashed!

But I'm still over budget so far this month. Just about $30 though, this month I've been buying a lot of those non-food items that still do go in with the grocery budget. Last month I bought hardly any and stayed under, so we'll see what the next two shopping trips bring. I'm going today and I'll try for $15 under normal. It may mean -gasp- not buying any ice cream though.

Many bloggers are reporting rising grocery prices in their areas. Except for at Costco, I haven't noticed that so much. I have noticed some really nice sales though, so I wonder if the stores are just using those to distract from the fact that they are raising the prices on other things? I don't know.

I bought more cereal (what else is new?). It was on sale for $1.25 when you bought 8. And I paired it up with enough coupons to get each box for less than a dollar.

In other shopping news, Target has some spring like clothing already on clearance. I picked up some short-sleeved T-shirts for Buggy for $2.78 and a skirt for me for $5. I also saw a bunch of women's shorts clearance priced too. And I still have not decided on a car seat.