Lack of Communication Kicks Us in the Butt Again

Filed under , by Alison on 9:06 PM

2

Last month, you may remember, we made some plane reservations for a family reunion. Today we found out we bought tickets for the wrong weekend.

I thought it was the second weekend in July and had even been looking at tickets for those days. Then, when it was time to book tickets, The Tall One insisted it was the third weekend. Okay, it's your family reunion, you've been getting the email updates, you should know. But apparently he didn't know. His aunt had sent him an email a week before we bought the tickets telling us the dates. She also called and talked to me, though I use the term "talking" very loosely, I distinctly remember holding the phone to my ear, but remember thinking that I could not hear a word she was saying because Bug was screaming in my other ear and it's a good thing that she was planning on sending out an email. TTO talked to his parents before the email or the call happened and got the dates, but did he get the right ones or the wrong ones?

I'm not sure where we got our dates mixed up. I'd love to blame someone, but what good would that do? The fact still remains that a mistake was made and it will cost money to fix it. But I shall look on the bright side, stupid money mistakes do make for good blog posts.

Between this and our overdraft last month, we really need to get on the ball communication-wise, it would appear.