Making Memories

Filed under , by Alison on 10:35 PM

5

PhotobucketToday I took my boys to see Horton Hears a Who at the dollar theater. While there, I reminisced about my own movie experiences as a child. It was always such a big deal to go see a movie in the theater. We did it just often enough for it to be something special. I remember going with my family and my friends' families, as a big group, on our days off school. I remember going to see a double feature with my aunt and my brother. I remember taking my younger siblings on my own. And then I thought that really, this isn't a very expensive way to create memories for my kids. For under $6, we all got in and got some popcorn. I tend to get so caught up in what big thing I can do to make sure they have great memories of their childhood, but really things don't have to be big (and they certainly don't have to cost any money). And then Bug told me he wanted the movie to be over, that it was too long. Perhaps movie theater memories aren't for him.

Photo by plattmunk