I Finally Got Walgreens To Work For Me

Filed under , by Alison on 8:38 AM

3

I read all over the blogosphere about how there are great deals to be had at Walgreens and CVS. There is no CVS nearby, but there is a Walgreens on every corner. For those not aware, Walgreens has two reward programs, purchasing some products will earn you a register rewards certificate good for a certain amount off your next purchase and you can get mail in rebates on other products. Each month a few items are free after rebate. A month ago, the lotion I buy for my boys was on sale (which made it the price I usually pay for it at Target) and, if you purchased four you would get a register rewards certificate good for $10 off a future purchase. I was excited because finally something I use and that is at a good price will help me earn a reward. I even had some coupons to pair up with it. With that reward, I bought a toothbrush that was free after rebate (along with some grocery items that were on sale and cheaper that at the grocery store). If you have the rebate put onto a Walgreens gift card, you earn a bonus of 10%. When the gift card came, I used it to buy some shampoo that had a $2.50 rebate. I hope to continue using the balance on my gift card to purchase free after rebate toiletries each month.

Want to learn more? Read Walgreens 101 at Money Saving Mom.