Buying Ahead

Filed under , , by Alison on 8:48 PM

6

Photobucket

photo by Mark.Pilgrim via flickr

I've always had a fear of buying clothing that didn't currently fit my child.  I mean heaven forbid I spend $2 on a super clearance priced shirt that will fit my son next year, only to have it not line up correctly with the season.  I know it's somewhat crazy and that I could have potentially saved a lot of money, but it's something I've always been reluctant to do.

For babies, it is somewhat of a risk.  They grow so unpredictably.  But if you find a great price, it's a risk worth take and here's a few reasons why:
  • It just might fit your child perfectly when the time is right (imagine that!)
  • It can always be used as a gift
  • short sleeved t-shirts can worn year round since they can be layered over a long sleeve shirt in the winter.
  • Is it really the end of the world if you end up giving it to a friend or taking it over to Goodwill?
I wrote this post in hopes that I will practice what I preach and start doing this a little bit more.  Now is a great time as stores clear their shelves of summer clothes in order to make way for jackets and jeans.

Do you regularly buy your children larger clothes meant to fit them in the future?  Any tips to share?