A Purchase I Don't Regret

Filed under , by Alison on 8:55 PM

2

Over the weekend, I was telling The Tall One that it feels odd that I keep hearing how retailers are expecting to have dismal holiday sales, yet as a family we are shaping up to have the most money available for Christmas spending that we've ever had.  Then he reminded me of the year we bought our piano.  Oh, yeah, I guess we won't be spending that much this year.

For our first Christmas together, we decided to buy a $1000 full-sized keyboard.  We agreed that we wouldn't buy anything else for each other that year and that any cash received would go towards the purchase.  We were lucky enough to gather up about $300, but $700 is still a lot for two newlyweds who were both attending school full-time and both just working part-time!  I often wonder what on earth we were thinking.

Even though it was really probably a frivolous purchase at the time, I don't regret it at all.   I love playing the piano, it can be a great stress reliever for me.  I taught my niece her very first piano lessons on it (and she's now nearly better than me!) and hope that my boys will be able to use it to practice for their own lessons in the coming years.  We've had many family sing-alongs with it.  Bug loves to sit down and make up songs (or make up his own music to songs he really does know) and Monkey loves to tap (or pound) on it also.  As far as material possessions go, this one has brought quite a bit of happiness.

Is there a purchase that you should probably regret making, but don't?  Please share!