Discover Card Pulls a Fast One On Us... But Not Really

Filed under , by Alison on 6:24 PM

2

Photobucket
photo by Wesley Fryer


Since the beginning of time (as in eight years ago when we first got our Discover card) our billing cycle has ended on the 10th of the month and the payment was due thirty days later, on the 9th. So, needless to say, I kind of had this ingrained into my head.  Imagine my surprise, then, when I realized after making ths month's payment that our due date had changed to the 5th.

Apparently we received notice back in February that this was going to happen. I vaguely remember a notice from them, but, if I'm thinking of the right one, it was so full of interest rate talk (we pay our card off in full each month, so I tend to not pay attention to such things) that I glanced over the entire thing, thus missing important information.

It's important to note that this is entirely my fault. I didn't pay enough attention to the information sent to us, nor did I pay attention the bill before paying for it! Thus, I was happy that Discover was kind enough to reverse the late fee (there were no finance charges for whatever reason). All it took was a phone call.

They really do have decent customer service. That's why we use their card.