Don't Forget the Toiletries, But If You Do..

Filed under , by Alison on 8:50 PM

2

Photobucket

photo by martinhoward

Several years ago we took a quick weekend trip to Washington, D.C. and upon arrival realized that we had forgotten the bag I had packed for Bug. A trip to Target was in order, where we picked up a few outfits and some pajamas and after which I vowed to never forget someone's clothes.

But I never vowed to not forget the toiletries.

That's right, during last week's trip to visit my parents, I left the bag containing our toothbrushes, toothpaste, hairbrushes, my makeup and even The Tall One's electric razor on the counter in the bathroom.  TTO wanted to pack up the car the night before, so he made sure the duffel bag that would eventually house the toiletries was accesible so I could throw it in the next morning after using the contents to do things like brush our teeth and hair. But I forgot. And buying replacements wasn't cheap.

To prevent this from happening again, I took everything we bought and packed it away. Thus, the next time we take a trip I can pack that bag knowing it has everything we need. I won't have to worry about using my make-up before we leave and then potentially forgetting to pack it. Suddenly, the money we spent doesn't seem like such a waste after all.