What I Made Wednesday: Paper Holder

Filed under , by Alison on 9:10 PM

1


I've been wanting to try out a Mod Podge project  for quite awhile, but when I came across this wonderful blog, Mod Podge Rocks, I was determined to find something in my house to apply this wonderful stuff to. I have been looking for a spot to keep important papers sent home from my son's school, and when I saw a bag full of hanging file folders inspiration hit.

I took a plain hanging file folder and used Mod Podge to attach some scrapbook paper to the front and back of it. Mod Podge is quite fun in that it works as a glue and a nice finish all at the same time. After the paper was on, I attached some letters also using the Mod Podge. I brushed some onto the surface, put the letters in place, and then brushed more over the top of the letters.

To keep the front and back together, I punched holes on the sides and threaded some ribbon through the holes in a shoelace-like fashion.



I love creating things using supplies that I already have.

Have you blogged about something you made recently? Leave me a link in the comment section - I'd love to see it. What to join in next week? Send me an email and I'll be sure to link to you in next week's post.