Keep or Not

Filed under , by Alison on 10:41 AM

5

It's two days after Easter and my house has been overtaken by approximately 537 bazillion plastic eggs. Eggs that will be packed away very soon. But will I keep them or put them in the yard sale pile?


Photobucket


These are eggs that I've saved year after year so that I don't have to re-buy them each year, but when a friend mentioned that she saved hers from the previous year even though she usually doesn't, I started rethinking this. They take up space, are used for about three days total, and really I could purchase all I need each year for just a few dollars. I do have the space, but I'm not so much in love with the closets full of stacked boxes look and it would be nice to eliminate one.

In terms of clutter, it seems better to just get rid of them. But in the money-saving sense, why get rid of something I'm going to just buy again later?

photo by Stuart Conner