Reversing Charges

Filed under , by Alison on 8:54 PM

0

In February we overdrew our checking account again. Last time this happened, we asked the bank to reverse the overdraft charge (on the basis that this was the first time we had ever done that) and they did. When it happened again, I was pretty sure we were just stuck because I couldn't imagine that they'd agree to reverse charges again for us.

The last time my husband was at the bank, he picked up some material on their new savings account. I was looking through this last week and noticed that our checking account has a feature where they will reverse the charges for one overdraft per calendar year - you just have to ask. The last time we had them reverse charges was last year, so the bank gladly reversed the charge for me.

It certainly is beneficial to know the features of our account. And it never hurts to ask.