What I Made Wednesday: Book Display Shelves

Filed under , by Alison on 10:19 PM

1

Ever since discovering the blog Knock-Off Wood, I've been itching to create something. I didn't end up using a project from that site, but rather tried to re-create something I saw on another site. But in an effort to use some wood that I already had, keep it from weighing too much, and because I really had no idea what I was doing, my end result was nothing like what I envisioned. I love it though! Here's a quick rundown of what I did.

After sanding, I glued the sides to the base and added a bit of molding to help the books stay in place.



 Then I broke out the power tools and drilled some holes and screwed the pieces together.

Now time to paint

And it's ready to hang on the wall (preferably straight, but the fact that it hasn't fallen off is a plus regardless of it's crookedness).


This didn't end up being as frugal of a project as I was hoping.  But I've totally caught the carpentry bug and what I learned from this project will help me create future frugal projects.

I'm adding this to DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land.

Have you blogged about something you made recently? Leave me a link in the comment section - I'd love to see it. What to join in next week? Send me an email and I'll be sure to link to you in next week's post.