Because It Was On Sale

Filed under , by Alison on 9:56 PM

4

Sales are great, but any money-wise person will tell you that you must be careful not to purchase things simply because they are on sale - in other words, make sure it's something you need!

At Target yesterday, I realized I am totally guilty of breaking this frugal rule. I saw a baby outfit at a great price and didn't think twice about buying it. It's too small for any of my kids, and I don't have a recipient in mind for it, but I now own it. I remember several years ago grabbing a little boy's dress outfit at Target even though my son was too big for it. It was three dollars and some odd cents and I couldn't just leave it there on the rack, dressy outfits for baby boys are hard to come by! Had I known I would have had two more baby boys, I would have kept it for myself, instead I passed it along to someone else.

Are you guilty too?