Procrastination

Filed under , by Alison on 9:08 PM

2

Normally, putting things off isn't a great money saving tactic. It tend to mean that you end up buying whatever you find simply because you have no more time, and that something isn't always the best deal.

This Easter, I used the art of procrastination to my advantage. Due to my church's broadcast of its General Conference, there were no traditional church services on Easter Sunday. This meant no place to wear our new Easter clothes! Not that I had them at that point anyway.

We don't always get new clothes for Easter, but I found a cute dress pattern for me and my oldest did actually need some new church clothes. I decided that since we weren't "celebrating" on the actual day, we could wear the new clothes any Sunday we wanted to. I purposely waited until a few weeks after Easter to even shop for new clothes for my kids. That way they'd be on clearance. Because there was always the possibility that I wouldn't get to the store in time and what I needed would be gone, It was a potentially risky move made even riskier since I waited a week longer that I was planning due to my dress being no where near being finished. But it worked out beautifully and I was able to pick up everything for a great price.

Has putting off a purchase ever paid off for you?