Sometimes I Wonder

Filed under , by Alison on 12:26 PM

4

Okay, lots of times I wonder actually. About the things people buy at the grocery store. Today it was the person in front of me who bought a gallon of milk. Normally there's nothing at all wrong with buying a gallon of milk, but in this case buying two half gallons would have saved the guy forty-nine cents. Does he just not care? Did he not notice the glaringly large sign that said that the half gallons (of the same brand that he purchased) were just one dollar?  Does he not realize that two half gallons equal a whole? What gives?

I pay pretty darn close attention to what I put in my grocery cart and I know it saves me money. Do other people pay attention too, or do they just throw whatever the need in? I understand that sometime people prefer one brand over another and will buy it regardless of cost, but sometimes it seems that people have brand name everything in their cart - people just can't be that brand loyal, can they?

Have you made any odd grocery store observations lately?