But the Good News Is

Filed under , by Alison on 3:50 PM

1

Remember the old commercials for Geico (maybe?) where someone tells some sob story about how horrible something is but then ends it with "but the good news is I just saved hundreds of dollars by switching to Geico" (or am I just making this up?). I used to think those commercials were silly, as if saving money on insurance could really brighten someone's day.

Oh, but let me tell you, it can. I didn't switch to Geico, but we did just recently switch both our auto and homeowner's policies and will be saving some money. It totally made my day. I guess when it seems like every news you're getting is less than stellar, it doesn't take a whole lot.

Switching insurance carriers can be a really simple way to save money. Just because your company was the cheapest when you started with them, does not mean they will always be the best bet for you. It can be very much worth it to take a few minutes to do a few online quotes.

Has your day been recently brightened by some wonderful news? Did you save by switching insurance companies?