The Camera Is Broken

Filed under , by Alison on 9:56 PM

2

It's always frustrating when things break, even more so when you spend a lot of money on said item and it breaks not too terribly long after you spend that money.

Our Canon Digital SLR camera is not yet two years old, but it appears to have bit the dust. We were getting the mysterious "99 Error", but every fix we found and tried didn't seem to work. Now it won't even turn on.

It seems like our only choice is to send it in to be serviced. I'm so frustrated by the fact that the camera didn't even last two years that I'm not even sure I want the camera anymore. We certainly can't afford another DSLR, so fixing this one seems the most economical (maybe). We will probably up getting an inexpensive small camera and maybe fixing this one later down the road when I am not as angry.

I realize I'm treating this as if a camera is a need. It certainly doesn't fall into the food, shelter, clothing, or transportation category, but I think I'd consider a basic camera a need. Pictures help us remember the wonderful (and sometimes not so wonderful) times we enjoy as a family. And even though we've been camera-less for not quite a week, so many memories have been missed and will not have photographic evidence to support them. There are so many things that seem to need a picture in order to capture the essence of what's really happening.