Avocado Blessings

Filed under , by Alison on 5:41 PM

0

My youngest son has a very limited diet. We've eliminated all the common allergens, plus a few others, in an effort to figure out what's triggering his eosinophilic esophagitis. Finding foods that he can eat and wants to eat has been tricky. One food he's fallen in love with is avocados. I don't traditionally feed my babies avocado because they tend to be a bit on the pricey side and if I'm going to buy one, I don't want to share it! But back in April or May, when I decided to test out avocado with him, they were on sale for three for a dollar. And you know what? Every week since then, they've been three for a dollar at our local Smith's. There is not some obscene overage of avocados in town either. I've visited other Smith stores in the area and none of them have ever had them at that price. From what I can tell, it has simply been a summer-long unadvertised special at my local store.


I'm truly grateful to have a food that is healthy, doesn't seem to give him trouble, helps him gain weight, and doesn't cost too much (unlike some of the other foods I feed him!). Focusing on smaller blessings like this helps me realize that things are going pretty well after all.