Farewell to the ZMP

Filed under , by Alison on 10:05 PM

0

Photobucket


Remember the TV show Saved By The Bell? Remember Zack's cell phone? Though my current cell phone isn't that archaic, it's still very old and I'm looking forward to having a phone that doesn't require me to put the antenna up for the best reception.

My Zack Morris Phone (ZMP) was given to me by my sister-in-law when my original cell phone took a ride in the washing machine.  A year later and a half later I got my free upgrade phone, but a year after that I lost it and activated the ZMP so I wouldn't have to purchase a new phone.

I've always been pretty adamant that I my cell phone really only needs to be able to make and receive phone calls. But I'll admit that I changed my tune when I walked into the store and learned what phones worked with my plan and would cost me little or nothing out of pocket. A camera? Hey, that'd be nice! Ability to browse the web? Sounds fun! GPS navigation? Sure, why not? Suddenly, I feel like I need a whole lot more that just the ability to make phone calls.

And to think that four years ago I functioned just fine without any cell phone at all.

photo by DigitalAlan