Something I Don't Have Anymore

Filed under , by Alison on 7:42 AM

0

Sometimes it's helpful to examine how you're doing something and rearrange things if necessary.
-------------------------
I used to love all of my ING accounts. And,  while I do still love ING, I've closed a majority of my  accounts and I'm just left with three - a checking account, a generic savings account, and a Christmas savings account. I liked being able to see that we had x amount saved for a vacation or y amount saved for car repairs. We still are saving, and have several savings goals, but I decided I don't need a separate account in ING to keep track of it for me.

I began using You Need A Budget (YNAB) almost a year ago. Their blog was my inspiration for closing my extra accounts. If I use their software correctly, it just isn't necessary, and actually makes things more difficult!  Before starting YNAB, we used Quicken, and seeing what we had saved for different things just wasn't all that easy. With YNAB, I can still very easily see what I have saved for various things. My husband laughed at me when he noticed I was closing accounts left and right. He never really understood why I opened them all in the first place. My response? It worked for me at one time, and now, not so much.

Note: I just really like ING and YNAB and this post is in no way sponsored by either company.