The Book Fair Year Two

Filed under , by Alison on 7:20 AM

0

My son is in first grade, so this year was his second elementary school bookfair. My husband took him this time. He told me afterwards that the bookfair was a horrible when it came to kids spending money. He said he saw so many kids that felt the need to spend every penny they had, and thus they were adding random posters and pencils and erasers to their book purchases (one must hope there was actually a book purchase involved).  I'm guessing that money came straight from the parents and didn't belong to the child.

I like to look at the book fair as a great money learning experience. I tell my son I'll purchase one book for him and one for his classroom. If he wants something else, the money comes from his wallet. Once it comes time to choose what he wants, he seems to do so pretty carefully. Funny how spending your own money and not someone else's will do that to you!