When Wonderful Becomes Not Good Enough

Filed under , , by Alison on 9:15 AM

2

I had a strange thing happen to me this week.

It all started late last week when my flat iron died on me. I then realized how much I depended on it to do my hair each day and knew I quickly needed a new one. A friend of mine (who is also a hairdresser, so I trust her advice) had told me that she saw the kind she has at Costco and at a great price too. On Monday I went to Costco and while they didn't have the one she told me about, they did have one (which was cheaper also) so I bought it and was happy. And then the next day when I used it for the first time, I was incredibly excited. It worked so well, much much better than my old one ever did. I could style my hair in half the time and I loved how I looked. I was very pleased with my purchase.

Word of the other flat iron (the one I didn't get) got out and a few of my friends headed to Costco to purchase one. Apparently I was just at the wrong one, the other Costco in town had several in stock. They said how wonderful it was and suddenly I found myself a teensy bit jealous.

My once wonderful flat iron was now not at all good enough for me.

For the most part, if I have something I'm happy with and someone else has something like it that she is happy with, I have no issues, I don't usually start thinking that what I have is inferior. But this time is different and it's over a hair styling device for crying out loud.

I wish I could take mine back. I wish I would have checked another store first. But I know it's all ridiculous. I've never tried out the other one, I've never even seen it before, so I don't know that it's better. I was completely satisfied with what I had until I knew others had something else.

Wow.

Have you ever had a similar experience?