Chores and My Three Year Old

Filed under , by Alison on 8:57 AM

3

For a long time now, Bug's chore has been to gather up the newspape and take it to the recycling box in the garage. But since I've changed our newspaper subscription to Sunday only, he'll only be able to do that once a week. He needs a new chore. I want it to be, like the newspaper, something he is completely in charge of, something that we won't do for him. If for some reason he didn't do his chore one day, I could just push all the newspaper out of the way and he could do it the next day. And I want it to be in addition to picking up his toys. I've thought about having him clear off the dishes after dinner, but if for some reason he went to bed before that got done I wouldn't be able to ignore the mess until he could do it the next day. Maybe I'll just re-subscribe. Any chore suggestions for a three year old?