Everyone Needs 10 Boxes of Cereal

Filed under , by Alison on 8:15 PM

0

Well 12 if you count the two I bought at Smith's.

My first grocery shopping trip of the week was a screaming success. I did go over my weekly budget by $6.21, but there was a sale that I couldn't pass up. Albertson's had Honey Nut Cheerios on sale for $1.77. Time to use up all those cereal coupons I had stockpiled. I had two coupons that would save me $1 on two boxes and another to save $1 on three boxes. Then, as luck would have it, there was a coupon dispenser thingy there by the cereal with coupons to save $.75 on two boxes. So I snagged one of those. Now, I could have used three of those and not used my $1 off three boxes coupon, but Monkey was having a fit at the time and a well meaning employee was hovering over him commenting on how sad he was so I had other things on my mind instead of how I could save another fifty cents.

So, yes, I bought ten boxes of the stuff because if I bought ten I could get two free tickets to see Bee Movie. That means ten boxes of cereal for $13.95 (after coupons) I also bought two boxes of Life cereal across the street at Smith's and was very upset to find them for the same price, just a larger box, at Albertson's. It was not in the weekly ad, so how was I to know?