Friday Link Love

Filed under , by Alison on 8:05 PM

2

This week I participated in two carnivals. The Festival of Frugality was over at Cash Money Life. My post about how I got a nifty rebate from my gas/electric company was included. The Make it from Scratch Carnival was over at The Common Room and includes my post on cooking using what you've already got lying around. Here are my picks for the week.

From the Festival of Frugality -

  • Frugal Tips to Help Food Last Longer at Rather Be Shopping. Kyle offers up some way cool kitchen tips. I can't wait to make some ice cream sandwiches with graham crackers.
  • You Don't Have to Pay for Your Child's College Education at Rocket Finance. Clearly this is a very individual matter, but since The Tall One and I aren't putting our children's college savings as too high of a priority (though we don't plan on leaving them high and dry) it was nice to see something in line with what we're thinking.

From the Make it From Scratch Carnival -
  • Oreo Biscotti at MotherLoad: The MomAdvice.com Blog. I'm all about anything with oreos, so I'll be trying this out some day, they'd probably be super yummy dipped in hot cocoa.
  • I Made it From Scratch....I Might Be Getting Good at This at The Miller Way. She made pita bread from scratch. How cool is that? I want to try this because I like pita bread, but it can be pricey.

From my blog reader and beyond-

Happy blog reading! And have a great weekend!