Under 10 Recipes: Lime Sauced Chicken

Filed under , by Alison on 8:41 AM

1

Every weekend, I post a tried and true recipe (for my family at least) that has ten or less ingredients.  Follow this link for more under 10 recipes


I can't believe I forgot to post this last night!  


4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3/4 cup apple juice
juice from one lime
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp instant bouillon

Spray or put some oil in a skillet, heat over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink in the middle, about 8-10 minutes.  Remove from skillet.  Combine remaining ingredients in skillet.  Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick.  Spoon sauce over chicken  to serve.

I usually only use 2-3 chicken breasts, but keep the rest of the ingredients the same.  If your skillet is large enough, cook the sauce while the chicken is still in the skillet.  That's what I do.  I also use a bouillon cube instead of the powder and use bottled lime juice (I just eyeball it, I have no idea how much would equal the juice of one lime) instead of fresh.

If you try it, let me know how your family liked it!