Date Night on the Cheap

Filed under , by Alison on 3:29 PM

4

I'm skipping the link love tonight because I'm out of town and have not been able to keep up with my reader! I imagine I'll have a long list of good reads for you next weekend.

Recently, The Tall One and I joined forces with two other families to start a baby-sitting co-op. We each take turns watching the other kids, so the other two couples can have a date night. This means we have two nights a month where we can go out without our boys! The first thing TTO said when I told him about or new arrangement was that we couldn't afford to go out two nights a month! But we don't need to have dinner and a movie to have a fun time together. Here are some ideas I've come up with for inexpensive date nights.

  • Go for a walk - explore some new hiking trails or explore your neighborhood

  • Play tennis or raquetball - check out your local high schools to see if there are courts you can use for free

  • Make a nice dinner at home - be sure that it's something the kids wouldn't want to eat!

  • Go to a concert - check out your local schools, colleges and universities often have student recitals for free or a small admission fee. High school concerts don't usually cost too much to attend.

What ideas do you have?