When the Bill Isn't Right

Filed under , by Alison on 10:26 PM

2

Photobucket

photo credit: brendan.wood via flickr.com

It happened again. Qwest messed up our billing by only charging us for the phone last month and then the phone plus two months of internet service this month. It all adds up okay, so shouldn't be too much of a problem except for the fact that each month we receive a small discount on our internet service. Last month we obviously didn't get it, and this month we didn't get it twice in order to make up for last month. I am not pleased. It seems to happen about once a quarter, and each time it does I call and make sure the missing discount is reflected on a future bill. Except for the one time, I was rudely dealt with, it's always a fairly painful call to make, but why should I have to make that call? Why are they constantly making this error? It's annoying and it messes up with the budget to have it be so low one month and then so very high the next.

I wonder how many others this happens to, and how many people don't catch the fact that they really are paying too much. That's actually what's bothering me more than anything this time around. Please remember to check your bills each month to make sure everything is as it should be!

I think we may be done with Qwest, at least for our internet service. Though, I'm guessing the competition isn't much better.