Getting Him What He Wants

Filed under , , by Alison on 9:12 PM

0

Last week, my oldest turned six years old. I had purchased him a few things several months ago, but was tossing around the idea of getting him one more thing. For awhile, he was very into basketball and I was pretty sure he'd love a small basketball hoop to put up on the wall for his birthday.  I didn't get one right away, because I thought it could perhaps just be a phase. Guess what? It seems like it was! I still felt like he needed one more thing, but couldn't settle on what to get him, so I didn't get him anything else.

His big day came and went, and he seemed perfectly content with his gifts (and trust me, if there was anything he felt he "needed" that we didn't get him, he would have let us know). It was a good reminder that often my kids need a lot less than I think they do.